IPP is a secure online platform outside federal agencies’ core financial systems that centralizes all invoice transaction data and documents in one place. IPP efficiently manages government invoicing from purchase order (PO) through payment notification.
Key Features for Federal Agencies
IPP offers several key features to help federal agencies improve their procurement process.
- Provides a secure platform for federal agencies and vendors to efficiently manage invoices outside agencies’ core financial systems.
- Configurable to support existing agency business rules.
- Integrated system with built-in best practices and greater controls to manage commercial supplier invoicing transactions more efficiently.
- Interfaces with all major financial systems, including Oracle, SAP and Momentum, via bulk file exchange.
- Automates and supports a sophisticated invoice approval process by offering multiple approval steps and options to delegate, reassign or escalate an invoice within a federal agency if it is not processed promptly.
Key Features for Vendors
IPP enables vendors to more efficiently manage their receivables.
- Allows greater visibility into all transaction data and documents associated with a PO.
- Provides multiple ways to submit invoices, such as by pre-populating invoices with data from POs within the system, creating invoices online without a PO or using electronic file submission.
- Enables vendors to check payment status, or choose to receive e-mails with a simple notification of payment or detailed remittance information. This service reduces payment status inquiries and enables vendors to more easily manage their receivables and match payments to specific invoices.
- Delivers quick answers to payment-related questions through a self-service feature.
- Invoice management tools, including an invoice aging summary, an overdue invoices list, and a payments collection forecast.